Homeowner & Commercial Claims

How do I know if my policy covers my loss?

Insurance policies are complicated documents.  Your agent, the insurance company or an attorney experienced with insurance coverage can better explain your rights and benefits under your insurance policy.  

What do I do if I have a loss?

The first thing to do is contact your agent or your insurance company to report the loss.  Then document your loss.  This includes taking pictures, keeping invoices of repairs and/or cleanup expenses. 

How long does it take for a claim to be paid?

Insurance companies have a variety of state statutes that they must comply with in order to issue a timely payment.  If you believe your claim has not been paid in a timely manner contact our office. 

What do I do if my claim has been denied?

Be sure to keep documentation as it relates to your claim.  Contact our office for a free consultation so that we may review all documentation. 

How much will I have to pay the attorney to handle my case?

Under Florida Statute 627.496 you may be entitled to have your attorney’s fees paid directly by the insurance company.  Contact our office to discuss the specifics of your situation. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *