PIP is also known as “No-Fault Insurance” because you are entitled to receive those benefits whether you were at fault for the accident or not. PIP is insurance that goes towards the payment of your medical bills and lost wages. In many cases they will reimburse you for mileage to and from treatment and a percentage of any medications purchased by you for treatment or pain relief due to your injuries.
In Florida PIP pays up to a total of $10,000 for the following expenses:
- 80% of each medically necessary medical bill
- 60% of lost wages (some policy holders reject this coverage)
- 100% of replacement services such as childcare, housekeeping, and yardwork
- up to $5,000 of death benefits
- 80% of prescription expenses
- Mileage Reimbursement
Please remember that, unless you bought extra PIP insurance, it will never pay more than a total of $10,000 in Florida. You may also have a deductible.